Dundee boss Barry Smith was thrilled with the nature of his team’s 3-1 win over Hibernian.
Goals from Kyle Benedictus, Steven Milne and Kevin McBride saw the Dark Blues move within a point of St Mirren, their opponents next week.
Hibernian went into the match as league leaders but Pat Fenlon’s men had to settle for a late consolation goal from Leigh Griffiths.
Smith said: "It's a great result and a very good performance. We deserved to win the game and we got three goals as well which is always nice.
"We played with high energy levels and pressed them high up the pitch which we got a lot of joy from. We're pleased with the overall performance and the lads have all been working ever so hard.
"There's a long way to go but we'll concentrate on what we're doing. It's as simple as that. We're not looking at anyone else and that won't change."
People who read this story also read
- Could Juan Agudelo provide the solution to Celtic's post-Europe profligacy?
- Dundee v Hibernian squad news and preview: Smith wants more capital joy
- East Stirlingshire 2-6 Rangers: McCoist's men hit hosts for six
- Celtic boss delighted with ‘superb’ Lassad after Pittodrie goal
- Dundee 3-1 Hibernian: Dark Blues close gap at the bottom