New Brentford forward Farid El Alagui says the chance to work with Uwe Rosler persuaded him to turn down offers from two SPL clubs.
The 27-year-old held talks with both Kilmarnock and St Johnstone before deciding to sign a two-year deal with the Bees earlier this week.
El Alagui scored 27 goals in 43 appearances for the Bairns last season but believes he can improve on that tally with the help of former Manchester City striker Rosler.
He told Bees Player: “It made a big difference to my choice, to work with Uwe, a really good striker.
“I can develop with him, take advice from him. I have to listen to him.
“There is a good atmosphere here, it is a good group. I’m looking forward to getting to know them.”
People who read this story also read
- Ally McCoist hopeful duo will commit their futures to Rangers newco
- Could Spain's La Liga give Derek Riordan a place to call home?
- Derek Riordan wins chance to impress in Spain's La Liga
- SFL president Jim Ballantyne calls on cool heads for newco decision
- Football Talk: The Higgs Boson, talking revolutions and Omicron Persei 8