Dundee United’s European dream became a difficult to stomach humbling in Moscow as the Dinamo millionaires put on the afterburners to cruise home.
Peter Houston was left trying to piece together his shattered pride. But hey-ho, onwards to another European draw for Scottish clubs.
There are some scary names in continental football staring back at Hearts and Motherwell in Nyon today.
Fans of the clubs are weighing up the positives of getting an impossible tie in a sunny location, or an impossible location and a winnable tie.
It is Sell Out Saturday this weekend, with clubs desperate to shift all their tickets and show solidarity after a crazy summer for Scottish football. If you can get along to a game this weekend, you should definitely do so.
The Arabs defence took a night off in the Russian capital, and it was pain for boss Houston who saw his side go in with a hope of victory following a battling first leg.
The big guns are out to play. Can Hearts and Motherwell go in with a chance of progression to the group stages?
After talks with the Ibrox club, ex-Hearts and Celtic man Beattie says he will not be joining the Glasgow side.
The Dons bring back Sheffield Wednesday defender Reynolds for a second stint in the north east.
Liverpool raised Motherwell youngster will be glad to avoid his boyhood heroes in the draw. (The Scottish Sun)
The Gers are taking a look at young Sebastien Faure, formely of Nantes and Lyon. (Daily Express)
Read the views of the fans ahead of the big day to support your club in Scotland.
Tom Hall assesses the big rivals match-up at Easter Road this weekend. (Scottish Football Blog)
Have you ever wondered what Gerard Butler’s low-budget day dreams look like? Nor us, but he’s gone ahead and presented us with them anyway. Worth it for the ‘Dream Team’ style CGI interpretation of Butler’s 80s Celtic heyday at any rate.
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: SFA can investigate Rangers, Steve Martin to buy Dundee
- Football Talk: Massone back in for Hearts, Miller to Rangers, Samaras' dare
- Football Talk: SPL final day, Gazza's Ibrox memories, Beckham’s tears
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
- Football Talk: When Hibbert Scores We Riot, Fletcher's #headsgone
- Football Talk: Set sail for Europe, McLeish the back-street brawler
People who read this story also read
- SFL chief executive confirms Rangers’ League Cup wins will remain
- As it happened: Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell learn their fate in Europe
- Craig Beattie ‘disappointed’ after signing talks with Rangers end
- Dundee United boss Houston bemoans nightmare start in Moscow
- SPL clubs learn their fate in draw for Europa League and Champions League