Garry O’Connor is set to complete his move back to Russia after flying out to seal a deal with his agent.
The former Hibernian striker, who starred for Lokomotiv Moskow in 2006 and 2007, is ready to sign for Siberian top league side Tom Tomsk.
The 29-year-old striker left Hibs for the second time this summer after a year back at Easter Road in which he scored 16 goals.
After leaving for Eastern Europe with his agent, Tom Tomsk are expected to announce his signing within the next few days.
O’Connor could link up at the Trud Stadium with 20-year-old Kirill Pogrebnyak, the younger brother of Russian international striker Pavel.
- Ian Murray leaves Hibs while Garry O'Connor is set to depart for overseas
- Hibernian players to discover their fate as Pat Fenlon promises changes
People who read this story also read
- Hibernian players return to training with new faces on show
- Could Spain's La Liga give Derek Riordan a place to call home?
- SFL clubs seeking parity with SPL counterparts under merged league set-up
- Derek Riordan wins chance to impress in Spain's La Liga
- Why Paul Cairney could become a real fans’ favourite with Hibernian