Former Hibernian striker Garry O’Connor has returned to Russia after agreeing to join FC Tom Tomsk.
The 29-year-old, who played with Hibernian last season, has signed a two-year deal with the Siberian side.
O’Connor has previous experience of the country having spent time with Lokomotiv Moscow in 2006 and 2007.
The player who has four goals in 16 appearances for Scotland will join up with Kirill Pogrebnyak, the younger brother of Russian international striker Pavel at the Trud Stadium.
The Edinburgh-born player has also had spells with Birmingham City and Barnsley.
People who read this story also read
- Scott Brown: Dundee United and St Johnstone capable of challenging Celtic
- 'Scottish football needs a financial reality check, even if clubs go under'
- Could Spain's La Liga give Derek Riordan a place to call home?
- Football Talk: Ki/QPR deal stalls, Theo P on Rangers, Suarez hat-trick
- Garry O'Connor looking for new career direction with Tom Tomsk