Hibernian have reached an agreement with Wolverhampton Wanderers to allow striker Leigh Griffiths to return to the club on loan.
The 21-year-old will travel to the club’s pre-season training camp in Holland after the clubs reached an agreement for the forward to spend the first six months of the season at Easter Road.
Griffiths, who scored 11 goals in 36 matches for the capital club last term, is Pat Fenlon’s fifth summer signing.
The former Dundee and Livingston man scored the goal that saw his boyhood heroes reach the Scottish Cup final. However the season ended in disappointment as Fenlon’s men lost 5-1 to city rivals Hearts at Hampden.
Griffiths started pre-season under new Wolves boss Stale Solbakken but has now decided to return to the SPL.
People who read this story also read
- Steve Bruce delighted to be reunited with Sone Aluko at Hull City
- At a glance: Every confirmed Scottish Premier League summer 2012 transfer
- Newco Rangers 'agree player signing ban U-turn for Scottish FA membership'
- Ex-Livingston striker Rory Boulding signs three-year deal with Kilmarnock
- Pair agree terms to join Ross County for debut season in the SPL