Pat Fenlon is making moves to secure three of his first team regulars on extended deals.
Hibernian loan stars Leigh Griffiths of Wolves, Ryan McGivern of Manchester City and Honduran Jorge Claros, on loan from Motagua, have all cemented places in Fenlon’s line-up this term.
Their performances have helped the Edinburgh team in to joint second place in the SPL and the Easter Road boss is now working on keeping them beyond January, when their deals run out.
Speaking to Hibernian TV, Fenlon said: "We want to try and hold onto the three of them after January - that's the important thing as they've all been key to the team.
"Obviously Leigh, Ryan and Jorge are playing every week and are key to what we are trying to do.
"So we're exploring that at the moment and we'll try and make progress with that over the next few weeks to make sure that come January we have them for a longer period."
- Hibernian capture Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern on four month loan
- Leigh Griffiths seals return to Hibernian on six-month loan deal
People who read this story also read
- SPL player of the week: David Wotherspoon; Dafty: Stevie O'Reilly
- Five things we learned from the 11th week of the Scottish Premier League
- Debatable Decisions: Nine questionable refereeing calls up for discussion
- Motherwell 0-4 Hibernian: Leigh Griffiths seals controversial win
- Football Talk: Levein out, bye Bangura, Euro super league plan, Rangersitis