Gary Warren says he is looking forward to playing in the SPL after agreeing to join Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
The defender, who is currently at Conference side Newport County, will join Terry Butcher’s team this summer.
The 27-year-old says the prospect of playing in front of large crowds in Glasgow persuaded him to make the move back to Scotland.
He told national newspapers: “I’m relishing the challenge.
“The chance to play in the SPL and in front of 50,000 in games against Celtic and Rangers is just unbelievable.”
Warren previously enjoyed a spell with Arbroath but only made three substitute appearances.
He played 36 games for Newport last term, scoring three goals as the team finished 19th in the Blue Square Bet Conference Premier.
People who read this story also read
- Ross Tokely angry at ‘disrespectful’ treatment from Inverness CT
- Danny Swanson: ‘Falling out’ with Dundee United boss led to lack of games
- Derek Adams delighted to capture former Inverness defender Ross Tokely
- Aberdeen boss admits club 'jumped the gun' in announcing Hayes' signing
- Billy McKay stays with Inverness as Thomas Piermayr heads to Germany