Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed they will play Kilmarnock next month in James Fowler’s testimonial match.
The 31-year-old will be rewarded for his long service with the game on Wednesday, 8 August after joining the Rugby Park side back in 1997.
Fowler has made over 350 appearances for the Ayrshire side and helped them win the League Cup last season.
The Championship club confirmed the match in a statement on their website.
They said: "Sheffield Wednesday can confirm a pre-season friendly against SPL side Kilmarnock on Wednesday 8 August, kick off 7.45pm.
"The game will take place at Rugby Park and is a testimonial for the benefit of Killie defender Jamie Fowler, who has served the club since 1997."
Meanwhile the Ayrshire side remain in talks with Dutch defender Jeroen Tesselaar over a move.
The player’s representative Humphrey Nijman held discussions with the club early this week with a decision set to be made in the next few days.
People who read this story also read
- Scotland rise seven places in FIFA world rankings despite friendly defeat
- Jeroen Tesselaar’s agent confident of completing deal with Kilmarnock
- Tom Soares would welcome Hibs move after being released by Stoke City
- Moneybaw: The alternative SPL team of the year picked through statistics
- Football Talk: Scotland's woes, Killie can't compete, Powell hits a stoater