Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels is hopeful that defender Mahamadou Sissoko will sign for the club in time to face Celtic.
The 24-year-old defender, who spent two years on loan at Rugby Park from 2010 until last season, has been released by Italian side Udinese.
Sissoko, who made 54 appearances for Killie, has been training with the team this week.
The centre half will go in to the squad to travel to Celtic Park on Saturday if terms can be agreed in the next 48 hours.
Sissoko failed to make a first team appearance in Serie A after joining from Paris FC in 2007.
He played in the France Under-20 side in the 2008 Toulon tournament and is also eligible to play for Mali.
Sissoko was part of Kilmarnock’s League Cup winning side last season.
People who read this story also read
- Mahamadou Sissoko returns on loan to Kilmarnock
- How the Spanish press reacted to Barcelona's late win against Celtic
- Aberdeen hand trials to Czech goalkeeper and New Zealand midfielder
- John McGlynn: 'Hearts are going through most difficult period in 40 years'
- Hearts hit with 60 day signing ban for making late wage payments