Celtic will face either HJK Helsinki or Icelandic side KR in the third qualifying round of the Champions League while Motherwell will play their first game in the competition against Greek side Panathinaikos.
At the draw in Nyon, Celtic were paired with either the Finnish or Icelandic champions pending the result of the tie between the two.
However, with HJK holding a 7-0 lead from the first leg, it seems inevitable that they will be travelling to Parkhead.
HJK won the double in Finland last year under manager Antti Muurinen but currently trail Inter Turku by two points in this years championship, which is already 17 games in.
Motherwell, in the competition for the first time, have been drawn against Greek side Panathinaikos, who finished fourth in their domestic league last season but won a place in the tournament through their play-offs.
The ties will be played on 31 July/1 August and 7/8 August.
People who read this story also read
- UEFA Champions League third qualifying round draw as it happened
- UEFA Europa League third qualifying round draw as it happened
- Rangers draw East Fife in first round of Scottish Communities League Cup
- UEFA Champions League third qualifying round draw groups in full
- Dundee Utd draw Dinamo Moscow and St Johnstone handed Marseille incentive