After weeks of build-up, Euro 2012 is finally upon us.
The tournament kicks off today with Poland v Greece followed by Russia v Czech Republic.
Never one to be upstaged by the small matter of an international tournament, Vladimir Romanov is on the search for a new manager after the club confirmed Paulo Sergio will not be returning next season.
Scotland’s departure lounges could be very busy this summer as Dorin Goian and Juan Manuel Ortiz make noises about heading for the exit.
The transfer window for shaven-headed, festively plump footballers hit a peak on Thursday as Ross Tokely and Sam Parkin switched to Ross County and St Mirren respectively.
Elsewhere, there is a defence of Olympic football and an excellent volley from America.
The Portuguese manager has left his position at Tynecastle after rejecting a new deal with the Scottish Cup winners.
The Italian midfielder is keen to return to the Ibrox club according to his representative. (Daily Record)
Goian insists he’d be happy to stay but agent Florin Manea says other clubs are interested. (Daily Record)
Striker returns to the SPL after spending six months at Queen of the South.
Prospective owner tells fans he does not plan to sell and lease back Ibrox or Murray Park.
The veteran defender has signed a one-year deal with the Staggies after ending his 16-year association with their Highland rivals.
Olympic football is often derided but it is a breeding ground for youth and has been a formative experience for many greats. (The Guardian)
The Special One says his memory of Preciado will be heartfelt and permanent (The Daily Telegraph)
Osvaldo Alonso scores a great volley (101greatgoals.com)
More About Football Talk
- Transfer Talk: Southampton for Wanyama, Rooney for free, Novo surprise
- Football Talk: The Rangers 'new club debate', Kenny Miller needs your votes
- Football Talk: Kilmarnock businesses rally against Johnston, Kinnear's rant
- Transfer Talk: Gary Hooper wants to quit Celtic, Gregg Wylde set for Dons
- Football Talk: Scotland fail to cap Hateley, Killie war, Pirlo's free-kick
- Transfer Talk: Celtic bid for Dutch defender Van Dijk, Lafferty to Italy
- Football Talk: Killie pressure mounts, £7m TV bonanza, Neymar goal
People who read this story also read
- Paulo Sergio leaves Heart of Midlothian after rejecting contract offer
- Gennaro Gattuso’s agent plans to hold more discussions with Rangers
- Take on the STV Sport team in UEFA's Euro 2012 fantasy football league
- Paulo Sergio faced many battles but won the war for fans' hearts
- Danny Swanson expected to sign two year deal with Peterborough United