Ally McCoist has confirmed contracts have been offered to Andrew Little and Salim Kerkar to commit their future to a Rangers newco.
The pair’s contracts with the old company ran out at the end of the month but McCoist is keen to ensure the duo remain parts of his plans no matter which division the club ends up playing in.
Northern Irish striker Little, 23, scored five goals in 11 appearances for the club last season.
Meanwhile Kerkar, 24, played 17 times last term scoring two goals in the process.
Speaking about the pair, McCoist told Rangers’ official website: “Hopefully we'll get them over the line, although I wouldn't like to put a timescale on either of them.
“Andy actually phoned me tonight and I've missed his call so I'll get back in touch with him tomorrow [Thursday] and we'll see where we can go from there with him and Salim.”
People who read this story also read
- SFL president Jim Ballantyne calls on cool heads for newco decision
- Ian Black agrees to Rangers move depending on their league status
- Stewart Regan claims newco Rangers must play in the First Division
- Former Rangers team-mates convinced Steven Naismith to join Everton
- SFL vote on Rangers newco proposal put back one day until July 13