Gordon McDougall, the chairman of Livingston, has said that he hopes for all 42 Scottish clubs work together in future, and hopes the decision of the SFL is respected.
Speaking after SFL chairmen voted almost unanimously to place Rangers in Division Three, McDougall said that he believes the SFA will now rubber stamp the decision.
- David Longmuir believes SFL clubs acted with 'integrity of sport' in mind
- 'Scottish football needs a financial reality check, even if clubs go under'
- Rangers supporters group calls for newco club to start in Division Three
People who read this story also read
- Ally McCoist says Rangers newco will come back stronger from Division Three
- Analysis: What the loss of Rangers means to admissions at SPL clubs
- Video in full: SFL announce Rangers will be admitted into Third Division
- Livingston chairman 'unaware' of any plans to press ahead with SPL2
- Queen of the South and Hamilton vote for newco Rangers in Division One