Francesco Stella is close to completing a move to Rangers and is undergoing a medical on Friday.
STV understands the Australian-born forward, who has an Italian passport and was last with AC Siena, will sign a deal later in the day if no injury problems are discovered.
Stella has been on trial with Ally McCoist's side for two weeks and joins Sebastian Faure and Anestis Argyriou in coming through successful trial periods.
The 21-year-old scored two goals in 17 appearances in Primavera C last season, finding the net against Ascoli and Bari.
More About Deadline Day
- Revealed: The European league which gives the best value for transfer money
- Winger David Templeton completes move from Hearts to Rangers
- Hearts' Ryan McGowan rejects Rangers move to stay at Tynecastle
- Celtic land Slovakian goalkeeper Lubos Kamenar on season-long loan
- Hibernian capture Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern on four month loan
- Celtic sign Venezuelan forward Nicolas 'Miku' Fedor from Getafe on loan
- Kilmarnock youngster Matthew Kennedy agrees three-year Everton deal