Rangers have confirmed the signing of Australian striker Francesco Stella on a one year deal.
The 21-year-old former Chievo forward had been on trial with the Ibrox club prior to winning a contract.
Stella was registered with the club before the Friday transfer deadline, at which point Rangers also became subject a 12 month registration embargo. His international clearance from the Italian FA has now been confirmed.
Speaking about his deal, the Italian-Australian said that he was happy to follow in the footsteps of other Aussies at the club like Craig Moore, Tony Vidmar and Kevin Muscat.
Speaking to the official Rangers website, Stella said: “I am delighted to sign for Rangers. It’s a great move for me to join such a big club and I can’t wait to get started.
“I was with Siena for about two and a half years. Initially I signed as a youth player but in the second year I moved into the first team squad.
“Unfortunately in Italy they don’t tend to use young players so I never made my first team debut but it was nonetheless I good experience to train with a Serie A club.
“But I’m delighted to be here now and hopefully I can be a success.”
- Australian forward Francesco Stella undergoing medical with Rangers
- Greek defender Anestis Argyriou one of four trialists at Rangers training
People who read this story also read
- Ally McCoist: 'My new stars aren't at Rangers to chase a big pay deal'
- Football Talk: Mulgrew out, Boca deal in balance, cow halts Polish match
- John Collins lauds Livingston starlet Scougall as 'one of the best'
- New Celtic striker Lassad Nouioui unconcerned by Levante's signing claim
- Football Manager 2013 announced with '900 new features' included in game