Lee McCulloch says he would be willing to talk to manager Ally McCoist over a new contract with the club.
The 34-year-old has scored eight goals in as many games for the Ibrox side this season.
And after McCoist indicated he hoped to hang on to the player, the ex-Wigan man says he wants to play for as long as possible.
He said: “That would be great news for me. I'd love to stay for another year anyway.
“I know I’m getting on a bit so I'm not expecting a five year deal!
“It would be great but as far as I’m aware talks haven't started yet, but I would be keen to talk.
“It's good to hear that the manager thinks I could be here for another season.”
People who read this story also read
- Rangers striker Andy Little ruled out injured 'for the foreseeable future'
- SPL Trivia: The top ten Goalkeepers by SPL appearances
- Lee Wallace agrees new five-year contract to stay with Rangers
- SPL clubs and Rangers receive slice of €100m UEFA Euro 2012 payout
- Football Talk: The case for Levein, Rangers didn't need EBTs, Dzeko magic