St Johnstone have a former SPL striker on trial, St Mirren have signed a striker for next season and a former Rangers striker has admitted he would rather be no the pitch than in the dugout.
All the latest news and three superb reads picked from around the web for your reading pleasure.
The buck stops with me, says Ally McCoist
The Rangers manager says that although players have a job to do, responsibility for results falls to him.
St Mirren sign Lewis Guy on pre-contract
The former MK Dons, Doncaster and Newcastle United player will move to Paisley this summer.
Free agent Riordan on trial with St Johnstone
The 29-year-old is a free agent after leaving Chinese club Shaanxi Chan-Ba in November (The Scotsman)
Rangers fan group wants investigation suspended
Fans group The Rangers Supporters Trust has written to the SPL and requested a meeting with the chief executive, Neil Doncaster (The Herald)
Golden age for Lionel Messi
We missed this yesterday but La Liga expert Graham Hunter's celebration of the Barcelona genius is a must-read (The Herald)
Welcome to The People's Republic of Vallekas
What do Rayo Vallecano offer? "Eternal hate for modern football"... but that's no bad thing. (El Centro Campista)
Kizanaro and the data revolution in football
How South American clubs have harnessed the power of statistics during matches (BBC)
Left-back Lucas Licht's long, long lob
More About Football Talk
- Transfer Talk: Southampton for Wanyama, Rooney for free, Novo surprise
- Football Talk: The Rangers 'new club debate', Kenny Miller needs your votes
- Football Talk: Kilmarnock businesses rally against Johnston, Kinnear's rant
- Transfer Talk: Gary Hooper wants to quit Celtic, Gregg Wylde set for Dons
- Football Talk: Scotland fail to cap Hateley, Killie war, Pirlo's free-kick
- Transfer Talk: Celtic bid for Dutch defender Van Dijk, Lafferty to Italy
- Football Talk: Killie pressure mounts, £7m TV bonanza, Neymar goal