Mark Fotheringham has agreed a deal to join Ross County until the end of the season.
The SPL side have snapped up the 28-year-old on a free transfer, having had him on trial for the past two weeks.
Fotheringham, who started his career with Celtic, had been on the lookout for a new club since leaving Dundee in the summer and had trained in pre-season with Bundesliga side 1899 Hoffenheim.
The journeyman midfielder also spent time with Livingston last campaign, having quit Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta.
He enjoyed the best spell of his career as captain at Norwich City, making 76 appearances in two and a half years at Carrow Road. He has also played for Dundee United, FC Aarau, SC Freiburg and Dundee.
People who read this story also read
- Ross County boss Derek Adams wants to give Dundee United a Friday fright
- Dundee confirm signing of midfielder Mark Kerr for remainder of season
- Lionel Messi will pose no problems to new Celtic defender Efe Ambrose
- Football Talk: Levein close to sack, Messi won't cause Celtic problems
- Young Motherwell stars hailed by assistant boss Kenny Black