St Johnstone will find out on July 5 whether they will face Eskisehirspor in the second qualifying round of the 2012/13 Europa League.
The Perth club were drawn with “N4” by UEFA on Monday, which is currently Eskisehirspor, as the governing body await a verdict on an appeal lodged by Besiktas at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
Besiktas finished fourth in Turkey’s top flight last season but were banned from European competition because of financial irregularities, as were fifth-placed Bursaspor.
Bursaspor appealed to CAS over that decision and were subsequently reinstated in the Europa League. Besiktas have lodged a similar complaint, which will be heard on Thursday, July 5.
If successful, Eskisehirspor will lose their place and St Johnstone will instead play Bursaspor. Besiktas would enter at the third qualifying round stage.
Second qualifying round matches take place on July 19 and 26, with St Johnstone scheduled to play away first. The venue for the away tie is yet to be decided.
The draw as it happened:
People who read this story also read
- St Johnstone first to learn their European fate as draw is held in Nyon
- Rangers newco vote: The SPL powerbrokers in their own words
- Newco Rangers to be refused SPL entry as six clubs say they will vote no
- Inverness CT become latest club to confirm they will say 'no to newco'
- Farid El Alagui holds talks with both Kilmarnock and St Johnstone