Former St Johnstone loanee Lee Croft is to leave Derby County on another temporary deal according to manager Nigel Clough.
The 27-year-old made eleven starts for the SPL side after heading to Perth in January.
Croft scored three goals in that time including one on his debut against Hibernian.
The former Man City and Norwich midfielder is out of favour at Pride Park and Saints boss Steve Lomas is keen to bring the player back north of the border.
"It looks like Lee will be going back to Scotland," Nigel Clough told the Derby Telegraph.
"It will probably be a season-long loan, which would give us the option to call him back in January and do something with another club if the opportunity arose."
People who read this story also read
- Ten refuse 'Rangers newco' move as Ortiz and Fleck add to player objections
- Steven Davis says career comes first after refusing 'Rangers newco' move
- Nigel Clough plays down chance of permanent St Johnstone deal for winger
- Huddersfield Town swoop for Dundee United defender Paul Dixon
- At a glance: Every confirmed Scottish Premier League summer 2012 transfer