Farid El Alagui has turned down a move to the SPL to sign for League One Brentford.
The Moroccan striker was being courted by Kilmarnock and St Johnstone after being named Division One player of the year with Falkirk.
The 27-year-old netted 18 goals in his season with the Bairns including a double as Falkirk shocked Rangers in the League Cup.
Announcing the deal for El Alagui, Brentford manager Uwe Rosler told the London club’s official website that he was happy to sign up the attacker.
Rosler said: “He has a good goalscoring record and has shown consistency over the past two years.
“I see him as a late developer, he is 27 now and there is more to come from him. We expect goals from him – he can add something to our squad.”
The former Bergerac and Wydad player has signed a two year contract at Griffin Park.
- Farid El Alagui holds talks with both Kilmarnock and St Johnstone
- Falkirk strike duo will be a threat, says Peter Houston
People who read this story also read
- Raith director: 'We are being bullied and the Scottish game is corrupt'
- Hearts training stint for former Livingston striker Rory Boulding
- Craig Gordon turned down three-year deal with SPL champions Celtic
- Charles Green: 'Fans should listen to the economics of losing Rangers'
- Football Talk: Green's last roll of the dice, Celtic defender set for Spain