St Mirren have added to their squad with the loan signing of Newcastle United's Paul Dummett.
The Welsh Under-21 international left United's training base on Friday morning to travel to Paisley for talks and could be in the squad for the trip to Aberdeen on Saturday.
Saints boss Danny Lennon has been keen to add to his defence after the departure of Jeroen Tesselaar early in the summer and serious injury to Darren McGregor hastened the need for reinforcements.
Lennon said: "We have known about Paul for some time, I came across him last year and we enquired about him in pre-season.
"We were told at the time he was unavailable but we got a call today to say things had changed.
"He's a strong, athletic players and he gives us good balance."
Dummett, 21, can play at left-back or in central defence and has captained Newcastle's reserve team.
More About Deadline Day
- Revealed: The European league which gives the best value for transfer money
- Winger David Templeton completes move from Hearts to Rangers
- Hearts' Ryan McGowan rejects Rangers move to stay at Tynecastle
- Celtic land Slovakian goalkeeper Lubos Kamenar on season-long loan
- Hibernian capture Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern on four month loan
- Celtic sign Venezuelan forward Nicolas 'Miku' Fedor from Getafe on loan
- Kilmarnock youngster Matthew Kennedy agrees three-year Everton deal