Nicky Clark scored a late brace as Queen of the South beat Alloa 5-2 in the first round of the Scottish Communities League Cup.
The hosts got off to a flying start when Chris Mitchell fired home Clark's knock-down inside the area after nine minutes.
But Alloa drew level just after the hour mark when Ben Gordon rose highest to head home Ryan McCord's cross.
However, it was short-lived as Chris Higgins converted Mitchell's cross three minutes later to restore the home side's lead.
Martin Grehan rounded off a flurry of three goals in a quarter of an hour when he headed the Wasps level after 78 minutes.
But Clark restored the lead for the second time with a close-range finish minutes later before adding a fourth five minutes from time with a 12-yard finish.
Victory was ensured in the 89th minute when Derek Lyle poked the ball home from inside the area.
People who read this story also read
- Queen of South v Alloa team news and preview: Young brothers face off
- Queen of the South and Hamilton vote for newco Rangers in Division One
- Queen of the South claim SPL 'has failed its clubs and Scottish football’
- Rangers unseeded in Scottish Communities League Cup draw
- Queen's Park 3-2 Airdrie United: Brough luck for Airdrie in extra-time