Dundee United have completed the signing of Brian McLean on a two year contract.
The defender had his contract with Preston North End terminated early to complete the move, having made 18 appearances in League One last season.
McLean started his career at Rangers before making a loan move with Motherwell permanent in 2006.
After 61 appearances for the Steelmen, he moved to Falkirk and spent two years with the Bairns before trying his luck in England.
Rutherglen-born McLean had attempted to represent Northern Ireland at international level but had his hopes of turning out for the country dashed after an administration error.
People who read this story also read
- Stephen Thompson issues Dundee United statement on newco issue
- Peterhead chairman would welcome 'new' Rangers in Division Three
- Dundee United capture midfielder Mark Millar from Falkirk
- Football Talk: Gattuso’s Glasgow return, Villareal coach dies, pundit fail
- Danny Swanson: ‘Falling out’ with Dundee United boss led to lack of games