Stranraer brushed aside Queens Park 2-0 in the second leg of their Second Division play-off semi-final to claim a 5-1 aggregate victory and set up a final showdown with Albion.
Leading 3-1 from Wednesday night's home first leg, Stranraer, who finished one place below the Spiders in the Third Division table, wrapped matters up thanks to first-half goals from Craig Malcolm and Martin Grehan.
Malcolm pretty much made the tie safe for the visitors in the 12th minute, converting from close range after Chris Aitken's corner had been headed goalwards by Frank McKeown.
And the tie was over just eight minutes later as Grehan's left-footed shot beat goalkeeper Neil Parry and found the bottom corner from 20 yards.
Parry denied Grehan from a similar distance shortly after the interval while David Mitchell kept out Anthony Quinn's header at the other end.
Stephen Stirling then tested Parry as the game entered the closing stages before Mitchell was called upon to keep out Quinn once again.
People who read this story also read
- SFL confirm dates for Division One and Division Two playoffs
- Stranraer 3-1 Queen's Park: Winter leaves Queens Park cold
- Queen's Park v Stranraer squad news: McBride to put shift in with Spiders
- Neil Lennon says he’ll do his best to keep Gary Hooper at Celtic
- Five-star performance from Gary Hooper as Celtic hold title party