Andy Murray made it fifth time lucky in his bid for his first Grand Slam title against Novak Djokovic at the 2012 US Open.
Here's all the action as it happened:
TALE OF THE TAPE
Murray, the number three seed, defeated Alex Bogomolov Jr, Ivan Dodig, Feliciano Lopez, Milos Raonic, Marin Cilic and Tomas Berdych to reach his fifth Grand Slam final.
Djokovic, who is unbeaten on a hard court since defeat to Rafael Nadal at the US Open in 2010, came through matches with Paolo Lorenzi, Rogerio Dutra da Silva, Julien Benneteau, Stanislas Wawrinka, Juan Martin del Porto and David Ferrer.
A winner of five Grand Slams already in his career, the Serb also marginally has the edge in matches with Murray, having won eight of their 14 encounters.
More About Andy Murray
- Andy Murray to hold talks with Amelie Mauresmo after Wimbledon exit
- Murray pleased with quick progress during first week of Wimbledon
- Andy Murray cruises past Roberto Bautista Agut on Centre Court
- Andy Murray admits to Wimbledon nerves ahead of David Goffin opener
- Virginia Wade: I thought Andy Murray's Mauresmo decision was a joke
- Andy Murray starts defence of Wimbledon title against David Goffin
- Andy Murray appoints former world number one Amelie Mauresmo as his coach
People who read this story also read
- Andy Murray faces Novak Djokovic in bid to win first Grand Slam
- Ivan Lendl believes Andy Murray is ready to break his Grand Slam duck
- Rangers refuse to take part in SPL probe into EBT payments to players
- Battling Andy Murray into last 16 after tie-break tension against Lopez
- Andy Murray through to US Open quarter finals after beating Milos Raonic