Andy Murray made it fifth time lucky in his bid for his first Grand Slam title against Novak Djokovic at the 2012 US Open.
Here's all the action as it happened:
TALE OF THE TAPE
Murray, the number three seed, defeated Alex Bogomolov Jr, Ivan Dodig, Feliciano Lopez, Milos Raonic, Marin Cilic and Tomas Berdych to reach his fifth Grand Slam final.
Djokovic, who is unbeaten on a hard court since defeat to Rafael Nadal at the US Open in 2010, came through matches with Paolo Lorenzi, Rogerio Dutra da Silva, Julien Benneteau, Stanislas Wawrinka, Juan Martin del Porto and David Ferrer.
A winner of five Grand Slams already in his career, the Serb also marginally has the edge in matches with Murray, having won eight of their 14 encounters.
More About Andy Murray
- Andy Murray aims to unleash aggressive style against Robin Haase
- In full: Andy Murray's potential route to the 2015 Wimbledon final
- Andy Murray targets Wimbledon crown and says form is better than 2013
- Andy Murray starts grass court season with victory over Yen-Hsun Lu
- Murray makes Australian Open semi-finals with win over Nick Kyrgios
- Andy Murray beats Joao Sousa to set up meeting with Grigor Dimitrov
- Andy Murray cruises past Marinko Matosevic at the Australian Open
People who read this story also read
- Andy Murray faces Novak Djokovic in bid to win first Grand Slam
- Ivan Lendl believes Andy Murray is ready to break his Grand Slam duck
- Rangers refuse to take part in SPL probe into EBT payments to players
- Battling Andy Murray into last 16 after tie-break tension against Lopez
- Andy Murray through to US Open quarter finals after beating Milos Raonic