Andy Murray made it fifth time lucky in his bid for his first Grand Slam title against Novak Djokovic at the 2012 US Open.
Here's all the action as it happened:
TALE OF THE TAPE
Murray, the number three seed, defeated Alex Bogomolov Jr, Ivan Dodig, Feliciano Lopez, Milos Raonic, Marin Cilic and Tomas Berdych to reach his fifth Grand Slam final.
Djokovic, who is unbeaten on a hard court since defeat to Rafael Nadal at the US Open in 2010, came through matches with Paolo Lorenzi, Rogerio Dutra da Silva, Julien Benneteau, Stanislas Wawrinka, Juan Martin del Porto and David Ferrer.
A winner of five Grand Slams already in his career, the Serb also marginally has the edge in matches with Murray, having won eight of their 14 encounters.
More About Andy Murray
- Andy Murray defeated in straight sets by Marin Cillic in Rotterdam
- Autograph hunters mistaken for gunmen after approaching Andy Murray
- Andy Murray withdraws from ATP World Tour Finals following back operation
- Andy Murray unlikely to play again this season after back surgery
- Andy Murray helps Great Britain return to elite Davis Cup World Group
- Andy Murray to face 16-year-old US Open junior champion in Davis Cup
- Murray hints emotional impact of Wimbledon win played part in US Open loss
People who read this story also read
- Andy Murray faces Novak Djokovic in bid to win first Grand Slam
- Ivan Lendl believes Andy Murray is ready to break his Grand Slam duck
- Rangers refuse to take part in SPL probe into EBT payments to players
- Battling Andy Murray into last 16 after tie-break tension against Lopez
- Andy Murray through to US Open quarter finals after beating Milos Raonic