Andy Murray made it fifth time lucky in his bid for his first Grand Slam title against Novak Djokovic at the 2012 US Open.
Here's all the action as it happened:
TALE OF THE TAPE
Murray, the number three seed, defeated Alex Bogomolov Jr, Ivan Dodig, Feliciano Lopez, Milos Raonic, Marin Cilic and Tomas Berdych to reach his fifth Grand Slam final.
Djokovic, who is unbeaten on a hard court since defeat to Rafael Nadal at the US Open in 2010, came through matches with Paolo Lorenzi, Rogerio Dutra da Silva, Julien Benneteau, Stanislas Wawrinka, Juan Martin del Porto and David Ferrer.
A winner of five Grand Slams already in his career, the Serb also marginally has the edge in matches with Murray, having won eight of their 14 encounters.
More About Andy Murray
- Andy Murray drops out of world's top 10 after Cilic claims US Open crown
- Andy Murray felt let down by his body in US Open loss to Djokovic
- Andy Murray's US Open ends with quarter-final defeat to Novak Djokovic
- Impressive Andy Murray defeats Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in US Open 4th round
- Andy Murray enjoyed drama-free win over Matthias Bachinger in New York
- Andy Murray left baffled after being hit by cramp in US Open clash
- Andy Murray to hold talks with Amelie Mauresmo after Wimbledon exit
People who read this story also read
- Andy Murray faces Novak Djokovic in bid to win first Grand Slam
- Ivan Lendl believes Andy Murray is ready to break his Grand Slam duck
- Rangers refuse to take part in SPL probe into EBT payments to players
- Battling Andy Murray into last 16 after tie-break tension against Lopez
- Andy Murray through to US Open quarter finals after beating Milos Raonic